Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Really Not Easy

The words "Motivation and Emotion" a...Image via Wikipedia
I really hate it when people say how easy it is to earn residual income online.  If you're one of those people stop saying it because it just is not true!  Earning passive income is just as hard as earning money from writing in other ways - sometimes harder.

I think the hardest thing is the motivation.  For me anyway.  When I'm earning money by writing for a client I don't really  need any motivation other than a deadline and the lure of getting paid and padding my Paypal account.  I love seeing the numbers go up there.  And doing client writing means that I don't have to wait until some point in the future to see the money - usually no more than a week anyway.

Now residual income - it's like gambling a little bit.  You might see some great return on it - you might not.  All depends how much work you put into it.  I mean, if you don't build your backlinks, you aren't going to see much in return.  If you don't promote your articles, minimal return is what you'll get.  But even if you did the job right and you put the hours in, the big money isn't going to come for awhile.  Even then, you have to have chosen the right keywords and so on.

There are so many variables!!!

So, if you think that residual income is an easy way to make some fast money, you are barking up the wrong tree.  You're better off sticking to a paying, outside the house job.

But, if you are willing to learn, put in some hard work, write like a crazy person, and then wait a bit (short bit, long bit, could go either way), then you should definitely jump right in and join me on this crazy journey. :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment