Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Goals

Picture I made for my goals articleImage via Wikipedia

I’m not a big goals person but I realize that I need to be so I’m going to set some goals this month but they are not financially related.
1. Write 50 new residual earnings articles and backlink them all.
2. Write a new blog post each week for all 3 of my niche sites (3×4=12).
3. Write a minimum of 2 new blog posts a week for The Social Freelance Writer.
4. Finish off my two new Amazon blogs and have linkwheels made for them.
5. Build 4 more Amazon blogs and complete and have linkwheels made for them.
and the big one…
6. Work on developing a schedule and sticking to it!
and a non-work goal…
7. Join Curves and go 3-4 times a week and walk 4 times a week.
I had posted this on a writing forum that I go to often and got some feedback immediately.
I love that you are making goals. I love that your goals are specific. This way you know for sure whether you have reached them or not. ( I would re-write number 6, so it is like the others…more specific). I would suggest that now that you have written out your goals, that you write action steps for each one. What do you have to do 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in order to reach each one before the month is over. In doing this, you may find that your goals are not attainable and need to be revised, or that they are not challenging enough and that you can do more. Finally, my biggest hope for you is that you build in ways to reward yourself along the way. Don’t forget to celebrate your successes! Best Wishes.
…and I totally agree on her point about #6 – I do need to be more specific about that.  I’m just not sure how to do that so I’ll come back to that later.
As for the action steps:
1. Write 50 new residual earnings articles and backlink them all.
a) Using the index cards for the keywords that I have already chosen to focus on, come up with 50 titles.
b) Write 2 articles each day, Monday – Friday; schedule time for this.
c) Backlink the next morning for the articles that were written the previous day.
and for the next one:
2. Write a new blog post each week for all 3 of my niche sites (3×4=12).
a) Brainstorm for titles.
b) Schedule time once per week to write all three blog posts for the week.
c) Post them on blogs.
Same steps for 3.
And for the last two…
4. Finish off my two new Amazon blogs and have linkwheels made for them.
5. Build 4 more Amazon blogs and complete and have linkwheels made for them.
a) Do research for product/domain
b) Register domain and set  up blog with plugins
c) Add content – 4 product posts and 2-3 info posts
d) Let sit until Google is indexing it
e) Outsource linkwheels on Fivver
REWARDS!  Yes, I deserve rewards.  But I’m not sure what I want so I’ll have to think about that, too. :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment